08 November 2008

Look who just won't lie down - Sally Robbins out of the boat and on the bike


Sally "lay down" Robbins has finally decided to follow the lead of her all time hero, Mongo, and taken up cycling.

After lengthy mentoring sessions with the Yeti, in which he laid bare the sum of his cycling knowledge and skills, she had these comments in this Saturday's West Australian - "I still don't know much about tactics" she admitted (no surprise their given Mongo's performances over the past 2 years) and "I've ridden in two club meets and been in the mix all the way, but I still have to learn when and how to sprint properly" (see the CCC race results for the Yetis ability in the sprint - also being in a race does not mean you are mixing it - see Wayneo in last years C Grade races).

Sally - a small tip - cut the Yeti away, you are better off going to Big Dog for cycling tactics and information! Anyway good luck tonight when you race in the Perth Grand Prix

Br George

PS - by the way, if you do lay down on the track tonight, it will leave a mark!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

If i was a chick, I could've been something!
2 races and you'd think she was going to the Olympics.....wait, if I have a sex change I could go to the Olympics to do something other than measure the length of the athletes tackles.....mmmmmmm men's tackles!!!! Bugger that, I am staying where I am - next tackle please (I do miss thorpey though) :-{

Anonymous said...

Don't listen to them Sal - you know that I still have a massive crush on you and love you deeply - you go girl, you know where I am if you ever need me.

Anonymous said...

And this has what to do with The Quon?

Anonymous said...

Doug Stuart - I love it

Anonymous said...

hey there sal!

If you lay down on the track, I'll take good care of you!

Anonymous said...

Your not old enough for me - maybe another 40 years on you and you'd be looking mighty fine!

Anonymous said...

She still likes to lie down...

"Former Olympic rower Sally Robbins also made her first appearance in her new-found sport of track cycling. Robbins competed in the scratch race along with Tomic and Kent and finished near the back of the pack.

Robbins escaped injury later in the night after crashing into Rebecca Halliday in the points race. Halliday had to be assisted off the track."

Anonymous said...

Yep - but now she is getting others to lie down with her! Good to see she was still "mixing it" though

Anonymous said...

K.Stewart - don't forget to use that "reputation" that I bought for you off of PBK!

Anonymous said...

What else do you do when you lay down, Sally?