18 March 2014

Backing the Right Horse


Transcript of interview with the Leader of the Opposition Bill Shorten on 7:30 Report last week:

LS: Mr Shorten, there has recently been some QUONtroversy as to whether Br Wallet has previously raced Stockingbingal or not.  Can you please tell us your view if you think Br Skin n Bones is correct in his assertion that he never has, or not.

BS: I understand Br Wallet has addressed this in a discussion at EQ in the last week or so, I haven't heard what it is that he said, but let me say that I support whatever it is that he said.

LS: Hang on, you haven't heard what it is that Br Wallet said . . .

BS: But I support what it is that he said.

LS: Well, what's your view?  Has Br Wallet previously raced Stockingbingal or not?

BS: My view is whatever it is that Br Wallet's view is.

LS: Surely you must have your own view on this.

BS: No, when you ask what's my view on this, it's a general question that asks me to go to lots of places.

LS: Specifically, the question is whether you think Br Wallet is correct that he has previously raced Stockingbinal, or whether Br Skin n Bones is correct that he never has.

BS: These matters are yet to be determined, but I support whatever it is that Br Wallet has said.

LS: But you don't know what that is.

BS: Whatever it is, I am sure he is right!

No comments: