21 November 2011

Major Sponsor hanging on by a thread

After what some have described it as a QUONtroversial week, Team QUON's Major Sponsor Raine&Horne Commercial Canberra is reassessing it's annual multi-million dollar sponsorship allocation spend with Canberra's (and arguably the worlds) greatest cycling team.

In an interview earlier today R&H's owner Franky M said that he was concerned about his clients and their thoughts about his affiliation with the QUON.

"Who would've thought that Team QUON drank beer? They had such a crystal clear reputation too. I'm so worried about my clients. I thought they were a group of bible lovers that had the occasional vino and camembert... Maybe next season I will look to sponsor the Vikings Cycling Club or other teams such as Ollo Industries? What about my clients?"

Unbelievable.

4 comments:

LinkedIn said...

It's all about the clients.

Lance Wannabe said...

I'm not even a fan of the QUON (as I ride on another Team), but if it upsets the hierarchy of the stiff upper lipped CCC well two thumbs up. Any dealings I've had with the QUON boys during racing (B and C grade) or off the bike has been friendly.

In general the Canberra/Australian cycling community has to wake up to itself. There are 100 wannabe Cadel's at each weeks Criterium who think they are too good to wave to people on training rides and don't talk to riders that don't ride "A" grade, aside from a few neo-Pro's (who probably won't make the dazzling heights of Cadel) the rest are a bunch of wankers. I don't regularly visit the QUON blog but with every second rider talking I had to take a look.

It's worth turning up to racing each week to try and beat you guys. If you slander my team or any other team just makes us pedal harder. If QUON disappeared who would we love to hate.

Keep on QUONNING

Astute observer said...

hang on a minute is Kyle actually a QUON?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-11-24/kyle-sandilands-hits-back/3690568

QUONabee said...

Heh! It may be so! R&HC love us too much to cut and run 'though.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-11-23/holden-drop-sandilands-after-on-air-rant/3689756