30 March 2009

Thomo's Ironman Chances Improve


Simon Thompson today annnounced the addition of multiple Ironman Australia Champion Lisa Bentley to his support team for this Sunday's race. Lisa got in touch with Simon when she heard he was racing his first Ironman this weekend in Port Macquarie and offered her services as bike consultant.

"He is an awesome athlete but I was just so concerned when I heard he was racing. I watched his race at the Athens Olympics and was stunned at the similiarities with his bike skills and mine."

Lisa, famous for getting off and walking down Matthew Flinders Drive in the 2006 Ironman which she won, is justifiably nervous about Simon's chances on Sunday.

"They have changed the course since I dominated it, and have cut off half the hill making it much easier - but my bike skills were at a different level to what I have seen of Simon on the bike."

"We have done a mountain of work and pinpointed 37 hills that he will dismount and walk down, and 15 corners he will either skip or scooter around."

With such careful preparation, Team QUON are quietly confident that Thomo will have his best Ironman finish ever.


11 comments:

Jackie G said...

Nice work Lisa. I took a raw SWP under my wing many moons ago, and helped him out through a difficult time.... actually, I just made him rawer I think.

Anonymous said...

Are there any left handers at Port. If so, Thommo might be in trouble!

Wayne said...

I am still living in a tent because of those 'left handers' in Athens. and Preston is still in the shed.
TAB still sends us Christmas Cards.

V8 Juice Rep said...

I had a motza of a day that day. Sales skyrocketed.

Cleaner from the Jerra Tavern said...

I had a busy morning though!
Bloody tiathletes

Tourist from china said...

The Jerra Tavern - is that is Queanbeyan?

the Lilttle Wharfie said...

I remember you fcuking assholes, coming into my fcuking pub and thinking you own the fcuking joint. The day you fcuked off to another pub was great fcuking day in my book.

Fcukers!!

Quon member responsible for directions in the 2nd greatest roadtrip ever said...

Yes. The little warfie has reminded ua all that Jerrabomberra is the heart of Queanbeyan, despite wat Jayson may say.

Really, really, really ridiculously good looking said...

If Thommo can't turn left, does this mean his new Quon name is Zoolander?

David Packwood said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.